The Best Home Remedy To Deter Roaches In Dallas-Fort Worth
October 15, 2022 - Cockroaches
If you have been seeing cockroaches around your home, it is time to take action. Cockroaches are not only creepy, but they can also be dangerous. They spread harmful bacteria and can even cause asthma attacks in children and adults. Bug Busters of Texas can help you get rid of these pests for good. We offer a variety of Dallas-Fort Worth Area pest control services including cockroach elimination services that can efficiently get rid of these nasty pests. We also have some helpful tips on how to deter cockroaches with home remedies.
Typical Cockroach Entry Points For Homes In The Dallas-Fort Worth Area
Cockroaches in Dallas-Forth Worth can squeeze through tiny cracks and crevices, so it is important to inspect your home carefully. Common entry points for cockroaches include:
- Gaps around doors and windows
- Cracks in the foundation
- Sewer and drain pipes
- Holes in walls
These pests are nocturnal, so you're more likely to see them at night. And since they reproduce quickly, even one of these pests in your home may be a sign of a cockroach infestation.
What Is Attracting Cockroaches To My House?
You may be wondering what is attracting cockroaches to your home in the first place. Some common cockroach attractants include:
- Food: Cockroaches are attracted to food sources, so keeping your kitchen clean can help. Wipe down counters, sweep floors, and wash dishes regularly. Store food in sealed containers and don't leave crumbs lying around.
- Water: Cockroaches need water to survive, so they are attracted to homes with moisture. Fix any leaks and keep an eye out for puddles of water.
- Shelter: Cockroaches like to hide in dark, warm places. Reduce clutter in your home and keep storage areas clean. This will make it harder for cockroaches to find a place to hide.
By eliminating these attractants, you can make your home less appealing to cockroaches.
Home Remedies To Deter Cockroaches
Unfortunately, there is no surefire way to keep cockroaches away for good. However, there are a few effective home remedies you can use that may help:
- Boric acid: Boric acid is a common ingredient in roach traps. You can also make a homemade boric acid solution by mixing equal parts boric acid and sugar. This mixture will kill cockroaches that eat it.
- Diatomaceous earth: Diatomaceous earth is a powder made from fossilized algae. It works by puncturing the cockroach's exoskeleton, causing it to dehydrate and die. You can find diatomaceous earth at most hardware stores.
- Baking soda and sugar: This mixture works in a similar way to boric acid. The sugar will attract cockroaches while the baking soda will kill them.
These may help you deter cockroaches, but it's tough to keep these resilient Dallas-Fort Worth pests away for good. The best way to get rid of cockroaches in Dallas-Fort Worth is to call a cockroach pest control professional.
What Can Bug Busters Of Texas Do About Cockroaches In My Home?
Cockroaches are one tough pest to get rid of. They're resistant to many store-bought cockroach control products, and they can quickly adapt to changes in their environment.
But at Bug Busters of Texas, our name says it all. We are the experts at getting rid of cockroaches and other pests in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area. For more than 25 years, we have handled the most difficult cockroach infestations and other pest problems. Our experienced technicians know how to get rid of cockroaches in your house for good, and our 100% satisfaction guarantee means you can be sure we've gotten them all. Give us a call today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Dallas-Fort Worth, and to schedule your free inspection.