Why Professional Rodent Control Is The Way To Go In The Dallas-Fort Worth Area
December 10, 2021 - Rodents
Rodents are some of the most common pests that infest residential properties. While one of these critters might seem manageable, it is rarely ever just one little mouse.
Keep reading to learn about the types of rodents in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and how to get rid of them.
Common Types Of Rodents That Invade Area Properties
There are several types of rodents that commonly invade area properties.
- Norway rats, also known as brown rats, are a large and heavy species growing to about 16 inches in length, including the tail. Their thick fur is grayish-brown to black.
- Roof rats are excellent climbers and are also known as black rats. They are dark gray to black and usually grow between 13 and 15 inches with their tail.
- House mice are the most common home-invading rodent in the country. They are small, growing between 5 and 8 inches, including their tail. They are a light brown to gray color.
- Deer mice are primarily nocturnal and store food near their nests. They, too, are about 5 to 8 inches long with their tail and have gray to reddish-brown fur and white feet.
Rodents are territorial, which is why you will likely never experience both mice and rats at the same time. But one type of rodent is enough to cause a lot of problems.
The Danger & Destruction Rodents Can Introduce To Your Property
Rodents cause a lot of problems for the properties they infest. These problems include:
- Dangerous health concerns
- Spreading parasites like mites, ticks, and fleas
- Spreading diseases like salmonellosis, Lassa fever, plague, leptospirosis, and hantavirus
- Triggering asthma and allergies due to urine and feces, which try up into dust
- Contaminating surfaces and food
- Causing cosmetic and structural damage to the house
- Damaging furniture and personal belongings
- Creating flood and fire hazards by chewing through pipes and wires
Why DIY Rodent Control Is Often A Waste Of Time & Money
While traps and baits might work to remove a few individual rodents, they will not take care of an entire infestation for several reasons, including:
- Different rodents require a different approach.
- They are also quick at reproducing, so the rodents you see are rarely the only ones.
- Traps and baits won’t remove entry points, and rodents can get through tiny holes and make them bigger by chewing.
- These methods don’t eliminate the conducive factors that make your property attractive to rodents in the first place.
The best way to get rid of rodents is with expert care. Calling in professionals will save you the headache of trying to do it yourself.
Contact The Professionals For Total Rodent Control For Your Property
As you can see above, trying to get rid of rodents on your own will only cost you time, money, and stress. Plus, handling rodents without training can be dangerous whether they are alive or not. Instead, contact us at Bug Busters of Texas. We have the knowledge and experience needed to treat the different rodents in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
To take care of your rodent problem, one of our trained technicians will thoroughly inspect your property to identify the species and where they are active. Your technician will develop a customized home pest plan to treat your property using inspection findings. We will re-treat at no additional cost if you still see signs of rodent activity on your property after our services.
With our Bug Busters Guarantee, you can have a rodent-free home, so contact us at Bug Busters of Texas today to get started with the rodent protection you need in Dallas-Fort Worth.